Resolve to do these 5 things in the next 7 days and people will say you look years younger.
1. Sleep 8-9 hours each night. We could all do with getting more sleep and most of us survive on 6-7 hours a night but this leaves us tired and lacking energy, not to mention the bags under the eyes. We know that people who don’t get enough sleep are more overweight, suffer more heart disease and cancer, and tend to eat more during the day so there is something about sleep that perhaps we don’t fully understand yet that improves our health. In as little as a week you can look and feel younger by getting a couple extra hours a night. The bags will start to go, your energy will improve and you’ll notice people looking at you thinking something about them has changed??!!
2. Simply drink more water. Chronic dehydration is rife in the population as we survive of juice, tea, coffee and soda drinks – but what about plain old water? Did you know that your body is 70% water? If you are dehydrated your cells suffer and it is common to have dry skin, lacklustre hair and be all round sluggish. Try this tip over the course of a week and your skin will regain that glow, your energy will improve and you’ll feel great. Times your body weight in kg by 0.04 and that will tell you how many litres of water you should be drinking throughout the day. However ease into it as if you go from drinking 1 litre of fluid a day to drinking 2 and a half, you’ll be on the toilet all day. Also try adding a pinch of salt to each litre you drink as this will help the kidneys absorb the water.
3. It sounds obvious but exercise will literally add years to your life and if you can get 3 or 4 workouts done in the next week your friends will be asking you what you have done to look so good. You see it’s the endorphin release that comes with exercise that makes you look and feel better after exercise. Sure you’re not going to lose much weight in a week, but by simply starting to exercise and feeling better about yourself you will look and feel younger.
4. There are a plethora of supplements on the market many with claims that they can make you look younger. I recommend that everyone take a multivitamin and mineral and the antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc and selenium in a multivitamin help to protect your body from free radical damage. Take for instance someone who has sun damage to the skin from too much bathing – the skin is saggy and wrinkled. It is the free radical damage to the skin from sunlight that causes this aging of the skin and by taking antioxidants in a multivitamin and mineral you can support your body’s natural antioxidant enzymes and protect your skin. Taking a multi vitamin and mineral can also help to give your stronger thicker nails and shinier hair which all adds up to looking younger.
5. Stress is probably one of the biggest killers in the western world – the stress of paying your mortgage, the stress of travelling to work, dealing with your boss and work deadlines, dealing with the stress of personal and family relationships all take there toll. This stress adds up to making your look older. Simply employing some stress reduction techniques such as stretching, yoga, deep breathing – whatever works for you can lighten the burden on you and lead a more centred and calmer outlook on life. This will all translate into looking and feeling younger.